How to take your Ixcela sample
Warning: If you have hemophilia or clotting problems, please check with your doctor before using this kit.
Tips for collecting your sample:
- Do NOT take acetaminophen/paracetamol (Tylenol, Panadol) 72 hours before collecting your sample.
- You do not need to fast before taking the Ixcela test. Follow your normal routine.
- For easier collection, take the test right after showering.
- Press the top of your hand against a hard surface, such as a table, while you use the lancet. This prevents the flinch reflex.
- Do NOT remove the desiccant packet from the foil bag.
- Do NOT remove the sampling tips from the blood collection device (Mitra® Cartridge).
- Be sure to check the bottom of the sampling tip to make sure there is no white showing. We cannot process the sample if there is not enough blood.
- Be sure to fill out (or update) your online health profile questionnaire in your Ixcela account.
- Ship your sample within 24 hours of collection.
This product is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.
Be sure to check the bottom of the sampling tip to make sure there is no white showing. We cannot process the sample if there is not enough blood.